A. Mama Cash Criteria for Funding from the Resilience Fund
Mama Cash supports groups and initiatives that:
1. Work from a feminist, women's, girl’s, trans and/or intersex rights perspective;
2. Are self-led by the women, girls, trans people and/or intersex people they serve;
3. Have the promotion of women’s, girls’, trans people's and/or intersex people’s human rights as their primary mission, and not just as the focus of part of their programmes;
4. Push for structural and fundamental change;
5. Focus on issues that are under-addressed and/or contested;
See some examples of the kind of groups Mama Cash currently supports.
B. Mama Cash’s priorities and focus
Mama Cash has the flexibility to fund anywhere in the world. Even though contexts are significantly different, we found that concerns of some specific groups of women, girls, trans people and intersex people tend to be under-addressed and/or contested in most societies (and social movements). So these groups are often found among our grantees.
Mama Cash prioritises groups or initiatives that have an annual budget below 200.000 euros. Mama Cash does not prioritise providing financial support to larger groups. As a result, among our grantee-partners in the thematic portfolios you will find only very few groups that have annual budgets over 200.000 euros.