A. Mama Cash Criteria for Funding
Mama Cash supports groups and initiatives that:
1. Work from a feminist and/or women's rights perspective
2. Are self-led by the women, girls, trans people and/or intersex they serve
3. Have the promotion of women’s, girls’, trans people and/or intersex people’s human rights as their primary mission, and not just as the focus of part of their programmes
4. Push for structural and fundamental change
5. Focus on issues that are under-addressed and/or contested
B. Mama Cash’s priorities and focus
Mama Cash makes grants in most countries of the world. Even though contexts are significantly different, we found that concerns of some specific groups of women, girls, trans and intersex people tend to be under-addressed and/or contested in most societies (and social movements). So these groups are often found among our grantees.
In 2020, we invite Letters of Interest from groups and organisations that meet the following criteria:
- Have an annual budget below 200,000 euros
Mama Cash does not prioritise providing financial support to larger groups. As a result, among our grantee-partners in the thematic portfolios you will find only very few groups that have annual budgets over 200,000 euros.
- Work on the nexus of women’s, girls’, trans and intersex people’s rights and environmental justice, for example, groups that address the exclusion of indigenous women from decision-making over their land and groups that fight for their right to water, food, and a clean, safe, and healthy environment.