For the first International Women’s Day of the new decade, we’re going all out: this Feminist Festival we’re celebrating feminist artists and activists all weekend long.
We invite you to join us on March 8th at the fifth annual Mama Cash Feminist Festival in locations throughout the Netherlands: Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam, BAK basis voor actuele kunst, Utrecht, and WORM in Rotterdam. Don't want to wait until Sunday to start the celebrations? Then you can make your way to the dance floor at one of our kick-off parties on March 7th in Radio Radio (Amsterdam) or WORM (Rotterdam)!
How many women artists can you think of, actually? Watch this one-minute video to hear what other people said!
Mama Cash Feminist Festival x Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam
Join us on March 8th at the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam for an exciting, enriching, and multi-lingual programme, including:
- Live art by the Fearless Collective
- Workshop by illustrator Hedy Tjin (family-friendly)
- Dance performances by Q4: Quantified
- Latin American artivism with our grantee-partners Mujeres Al Borde, Aireana, and Las Reinas Chulas (Spanish)
- Conversation with art historian and journalist Wieteke van Zeil on women artists (Dutch)
- Feminist Open Mic Night
- Guided tours with a feminist lens with Cathelijne Blok, Aynouk Tan, Rachel Rumai and Sekai Makoni (English or Dutch)
- Collection and archival of protest boards from the Women's March by Atria, kennisinstituut voor emancipatie en vrouwengeschiedenis
The Mama Cash Feminist Festival x Strictly Silk
Kick off the Mama Cash Feminist Festival on March 7th, the eve of International Women's Day, with Strictly Silk! After four successful editions in Nairobi, The Nest Collective's Strictly Silk is coming to Radio Radio in Amsterdam. Strictly Silk is a women & non-binary only dance party and the highlight of the gig is the all-female DJ lineup. Every aspect of this event, from the DJs to the bouncers, is curated, produced, and performed by women: cis or trans, from different tribes, interests, sexual orientations and religions in a space dedicated completely to your rest, safety, joy and freedom.
Full lineup TBA!
When: Saturday March 7th, 10pm-3am
Where: Radio Radio, Amsterdam
Mama Cash Feminist Festival x WORM Rotterdam
Join us on March 8th at WORM Rotterdam for a stimulating and colorful programme, focusing on two ideas that feed each other: joy and resistance.
- Join the Slutwalk beforehand, organised by Kontra
- Kick-off the evening in traditional WORM fashion with pizza & cigars
- Learn the ropes of self-transforming with activist, designer and artist Yamuna Forzani's costume design workshop
- Immerse yourself in the work of Dutch women filmmakers with short film screeningscurated by Bibi Fadlalla
- Experience a mindblowing electronic noise performance by Aja
- Learn about comedy as a political tool in a Comedic Storytelling workshop with by Lux Venerea.
- Share your own performance or story during the Open Mic
Mama Cash Feminist Festival x Infinite Kiki Function
Kick-off the Mama Cash Feminist Festival with the Kiki House of Angels and the Kiki House of Major at the Infinite Kiki Function in WORM, Rotterdam!
"Each one of us contains a multitude of personality traits, desires, and expressions. The most interesting ones are the ones that are seemingly contradicting. Sometimes we’re active and present. Other times we’re shy and reserved. We can be masculine, femine, androgynous, something esle entirely. We constantly shift who we are, and what might feel good for us.
At the Infinite Kiki Function, we’re embracing all the parts of ourselves. We wanna see how you twist, mix, and fuck a category. Step a little outside of your comfort zone.
So who are you gonna be tonight? Here, the possibilities are infinite."
When: Saturday March 7th, 6:30pm-11pm
Where: WORM, Rotterdam
Note: a "passe-partout" ticket gives you access to both this event and the Mama Cash Feminist Festival x WORM Rotterdam on March 8th!
Mama Cash Feminist Festival x BAK, Utrecht
Join us at BAK, basis for actuele kunst Utrecht on March 8th for Collective (Ex)change, a gathering of and for local and international activists and artists - including Mama Cash grantee-partners from around the world - who are working to make all spaces safer for women-identified and LGBTQIA+ people.
- Panel discussion on intersections of current feminist and LGBTQIA+ activist practice, and possibilities for collaboration across borders and contexts, with among others our grantee-partners Proyecto Intersexual and Trans Mreža Balkan
- Performance War On Bodies by SEHAQ, Queer Refugees Group (Mala Badi)
- Talks by Rosalba Icaza Garza (International Instute of Social Studies) and Amal Alhaag (Framer Framed, Reseach Centre for Material Culture)
- Performance by a band formed at Girls Rock Camp in Serbia, organised by our grantee-partners Femix (pictured above)
Note: BAK provides solidarity tickets for those who would otherwise not be able to attend. These tickets provide free entry.
How many women artists can you name?
Artwork by Marilyn Sonneveld