Do you want to make a difference in other women’s lives?
We have a vision. Every woman, girl, trans and intersex person has the power and resources to participate fully and equally in creating a peaceful, just and sustainable world. Mama Cash was the first international women’s fund in the world. Today, we provide grants and support to pioneering women’s, girls’ and trans people’s rights initiatives around the globe that challenge the root causes of injustice. Activists and donors join with Mama Cash to advance gender equality and respect for the human rights of all people.
Find out more at www.mamacash.org
As senior officer you are part of the Individual Donor Relations team and are responsible for raising money from individuals capable of donating major gifts (Eu 5000 – Eu 1 million +). You are the team-lead and you report to the Director of Partnerships and Communications; you are a member of the P&C team. The focus of the position is to grow the major gift portfolio, to increase the number of donors and size of gifts and to meet annual income targets. You will contribute to the money objectives set out in the strategic guide. To do this, you will follow the strategy for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors with a focus on major gifts and legacies. Solid stakeholder management and good relationship building skills are a requirement to succeed in this role. You will work closely with the Individual donor team to implement departmental strategies and ensure alignment with the overall fundraising strategy. You liaise with colleagues across the organisation to support organisational objectives.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the (small) Individual donor team of 3 team members.
- Responsibility for budget and management (of the portfolio)
- Manage, develop, and grow income from the existing portfolio major donors and prospects (focus on major donors in the Netherlands).
- Collaborate with the legacy officer to grow the legacy programme.
- Maintain an efficient and organised donor stewardship system.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues and other teams from partnership & communications team
- Supervise consultants and vendors.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong commitment to women’s, girls’, and trans and intersex people’s rights and the vision, mission and values of Mama Cash.
- Professional experience with and responsibility for project management and budgets.
- Relationship management; Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people from a wide diversity of backgrounds and cultures demonstrating tact, self-confidence, out of the box thinking and diplomacy.
- Ability to work fluently in Dutch and English.
- Excellent writing, research, and analytical skills.
- A strong ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- An ability to take initiative, contribute actively to quick decision making and to organise work efficiently and effectively.
- Results oriented.
- Willingness to work on a regular base in The Netherlands, mainly from Amsterdam.
Education and experience:
- HBO+ degree, HEAO or related;
- 5 years major donor fundraising experience and demonstrated success (in a NGO);
- Experience with supervision or coaching of staff is an asset.
- Experience with budget responsibility.
What we offer
We offer an engaging and professional work environment in an international foundation committed to diversity, solidarity, peace and justice. The monthly salary for this position depends upon experience and is based on CAO Welzijn scale 11 (min.) € 3.449,- (max.) € 5.356,- 8% vacation, 13th month, and pension plan. Our office is centrally located in Amsterdam.
Are you interested in this position?
Please react and send your application not later than May, 22 2022. In order to apply, please submit an updated curriculum vitae and motivation letter in English (in PDF format please) through the form on our website:
We value the expertise and knowledge of those who have directly experienced injustice and are working to create the change Mama Cash believes in. We particularly welcome applications from those targeted by racism, homophobia, transphobia, classism and disablism.