Mama Cash supports women, girls and trans and intersex people who fight for their rights. Activists who tirelessly and fearlessly make their voices heard. Who criticize oppressive or restrictive norms and practices, and lobby for fair laws. Who demand their political and economic rights, and insist on bodily autonomy. Together with these activists and our donors, we work towards a more just world for women, girls, trans and intersex people.
Courageous women’s, girls trans and intersex people’s human rights organisations worldwide need funding and supportive networks in order to grow and transform their communities. Mama Cash mobilises resources from individuals and institutions, makes grants to these self-led, feminist organisations, and helps to build the partnerships and networks needed to successfully defend and advance women’s girls, trans and intersex people’s human rights globally.
Mama Cash is expanding and diversifying the membership of its Supervisory Board and actively looking to recruit 2-3 new members.
The role of the Supervisory Board is to provide strategic oversight and support to Mama Cash by supervising, advising, challenging and supporting the Executive Director and her team and ensuring that the organisation fulfills its statutory duties and responsibilities. The role of the Supervisory Board is vital to ensuring that Mama Cash maintains and delivers on its vision and mission and ensuring sustainable development and growth.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our Supervisory Board who are:
- committed to Mama Cash’s mission, feminist values and intersectional principles
- driven by integrity and high ethical standards
- skilled in good governance principles and the work of Supervisory Boards
- proactive and prepared to contribute to effective decision-making processes
- willing to act as an ambassador for Mama Cash
Whilst we are keen to hear from anyone with the right experience, skills and interest in exploring a Supervisory Board role, we are particularly and actively seeking to recruit new members who help us broaden the Board to further reflect the communities with whom we work, and in particular, individuals who are:
- Living and working in South, East or South East Asia
- From the trans community and/or
- Disabled/with a disability
We hope to recruit 2-3 new Supervisory Board members over the next six months to take up their position in early 2022.
Specific responsibilities of Supervisory Board members include:
- Serving a 3-year term, that can be extended for 2 subsequent terms
- Attending multi-day Board meetings (normally in the Netherlands where we are based) twice a year
- Participating in other Board and Board Committee work, including periodic online meetings and special events (3-5 hours per month)
- Supervising and advising the Management Board on Mama Cash’s strategy, policies and operational decisions
- Reviewing and approving annual budgets and accounts
- Supervising and advising the Management Board on Mama Cash’s overall risk strategy and culture and risk tolerance
- Overseeing governance and stimulating and ensuring openness and accountability
- Selection and overseeing the performance of our Executive Director
- Supporting fundraising and opening doors within our respective communities
- Participating in at least one Board Committee and/or periodic Task Force
All Supervisory Board members are required to speak, read and write in English.
If you think this is you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV together with a letter of Interest sharing how you fit the profile described here to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications September 30th 2021.