Mama Cash is looking for a Temporary LME Associate, 24 hours/week based in Amsterdam. This is a project position until 31 December 2020, no intention for renewal.
Purpose of the position
This is a temporary position that supports Mama Cash’s Officer, LME to undertake key areas of Mama Cash’s LME work that are specific to 2020.
2020 is an exciting year for Mama Cash as we manage for three end-term reviews (one of Mama Cash’s Strategic Plan 2015-2020, and one for each of the Dutch Government-funded Strategic Partnerships for which we are a member: Count Me In! (CMI!), and the Global Alliance for Green and Gender Action (GAGGA)). In addition to these reviews, we will be finalising our new strategic plan, which will include refreshing our LME systems and processes for the new strategy.
The Officer LME requires support to undertake these 2020-specific LME activities, as well as maintain ongoing LME activities such as donor reporting, proposal writing and continued efforts to improve and modify our LME tools and systems to address our evolving needs. The individual hired for this project support will work closely with, take direction from, and report to the Officer LME, and work closely with colleagues in the RKA team, Mama Cash as a whole, and with our strategic partners.
The ideal candidate will have the technical expertise and skills to develop and implement LME tools, processes and projects. S/he/they will also have the analytical skills to conduct and report on large qualitative and quantitative data sets and to effectively communicate evaluation results on complex social processes. Fluency in English is required.
The RKA team at Mama Cash aims to build and translate knowledge into advocacy that supports women, girls, trans people’s and intersex people’s rights and movements. The team includes three staff members who lead on the work areas of LME; Knowledge Building; and Influencing the Donor Community, in addition to a team manager.
The LME work within the team harnesses Mama Cash’s ability, as a global feminist funder and advocate for women, girls, trans people’s and intersex people’s rights, to collect data with, for and from feminist movements. The Officer for LME oversees the LME activities and processes for Mama Cash’s three core-strategies – Grantmaking and Accompaniment, Strengthening Women’s Funds and Influencing the Donor Community, in addition to leading and supporting data collection projects, midterm and endterm evaluations and evidence-driven advocacy and fundraising initiatives.
- Help support Mama Cash’s endterm review. Tasks will involve, for example, supporting work within Mama Cash and a team of external consultants, who will be leading the review, as well as providing technical guidance. S/he/they will also be responsible for helping to analyse and review the data on Mama Cash’s three strategies in order to inform the endterm review.
- Represent Mama Cash in GAGGA’s endterm evaluation. Mama Cash participates in this evaluation as a member of GAGGA, which is also led by a team of external consultants. The Associate will support Mama Cash by providing LME inputs and by coordinating across Mama Cash when other feedback is needed for the evaluation.
- Support reporting to donors and support applications for funding. This will involve aggregating, analysing, reporting and clearly communicating qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources, particularly from our logframe. The Associate will also respond to requests for inputs for donor meetings, discussions and events, which occur on an ongoing basis. In addition to donor reporting, the Associate will support the Philanthropic Partnership team with applications for funding.
- Support and advise on logframe development and LME tools for the next strategic plan. 2020 is a year of strategic planning that will involve identifying and defining our approach as a feminist funder and advocate. The Associate will support efforts to adjust and develop the LME system to align with our new strategic plan (2021-2025).
- Support Mama Cash’s ongoing LME processes, tools and work for collecting data. The Associate will be responsible for making adjustments or updates when needed to our LME tools and processes for collecting data on our three strategies for 2020 as well as through our letter of interest window when we receive applications and collect data on the needs of feminist groups worldwide.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Technically skilled and experienced in creating LME tools and processes to track and capture complex processes and multi-scalar social and political change.
- Knowledge of how to collect, analyse and communicate relevant and valid qualitative and quantitative data for donor reporting, advocacy and learning.
- Strong organisational and coordination skills, including an attention to detail and the ability to manage complex tasks across teams, plan and monitor, meet deadlines and motivate others to do the same.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Mama Cash, with experience participating in the feminist movement building.
- Strong skills in Salesforce and/or LibreOffice Cal (excel) are needed for this role.
- Language skills in one or more of Mama Cash’s official languages in addition to English desirable (Dutch, Spanish, Russian, French).
Education, background, and lived experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the social sciences or related field (such as gender studies, anthropology, sociology, economics or international development);
- Minimum four years relevant work experience, including with institutional donors;
- Experience in working in a diverse, team-oriented, and fast-paced and multi-cultural environment.
- We would particularly welcome applications from candidates with lived experience of injustice and/or other forms of systemic oppression, because of the valuable and unique expertise that such experience brings.
Are you interested in the position?
Both a letter of motivation and CV (resume) need to be submitted in English and stating the job description through the form at the bottom of this page. Deadline for application: 27-02-2020
The job will be located in Amsterdam. Please note that a EU work permit is required!
We value the expertise and knowledge of those who have directly experienced injustice and are working to create the change Mama Cash believes in. We particularly welcome applications from those targeted by racism, homophobia, transphobia, classism and disablism.
For more information please contact Julia Bailey, Officer for LM&E, firstname.lastname@example.org
What does Mama Cash offer?
We offer an engaging and professional work environment in an international foundation committed to diversity, solidarity, peace and justice. Our office is centrally located in Amsterdam. The monthly salary for this position depends upon experience and is based on CAO Welzijn scale 8, (min.) €2.712 (max.) €3.864 on full time basis, ex 8% vacation, 13th month, and pension plan.