Red Umbrella Fund is looking for a Programme Associate who will support the fund in its grantmaking and accompaniment, funder advocacy, and development of sex worker leadership in grantmaking.
The tasks of the PA will contribute to strengthening Red Umbrella Fund’s sex worker-led and participatory grantmaking process and accompanying grantees in complying with their grant’s requirements. Programme Associates (PA’s) are the first and main contact for sex worker-led organisations and networks, including Red Umbrella Fund grantees.
Additionally, PA’s contribute to Red Umbrella Fund’s funder advocacy to catalyse more and better funding for sex worker-led organisations and networks by contributing to the Fund’s learning and development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Grants administration and accompaniment (such as due diligence, discuss work plans, budgets and progress reports together with grantee-partners, prepare contract documents, maintain the database, maintain relationship, support in funding applications);
- Support other staff member with the logistics for meetings and events (Red Umbrella Fund holds a yearly meeting for its International Steering Committee as well as a yearly Programme Advisory Committee Meeting);
- Communication (such as representing Red Umbrella Fund at meetings or events, network and liaise with relevant partners and producing written articles, blog posts, etc.);
Contribute actively to Red Umbrella Fund’s reflections on continuously improving its systems in line with our values and principles detailed in our 2020-2025 Strategic Plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Support for the Red Umbrella Fund’s mission, values and principles as detailed in Red Umbrella Fund’s 2020-2025 Strategic Plan. ESSENTIAL
- Excellent organisational skills to independently manage multiple priorities and tasks.ESSENTIAL
- Good communication skills in English to communicate with a variety of partners including representatives of sex worker-led and funders from different parts of the world and to develop learning tools and publications. ESSENTIAL
- Computer literate (proficient in MS Office, e-mail software). ESSENTIAL
- Ability to work with actors based in different parts of the world. ESSENTIAL
- Candidates with sex work experience and/or experience with the sex workers’ rights movement are strongly encouraged to apply. DESIRABLE
- Experience in grantmaking and/or philanthropy is desirable but not mandatory.DESIRABLE
- Fluency in other Red Umbrella Fund languages (Chinese simplified, French, Spanish,Russian) is desirable but not mandatory.DESIRABLE
WHAT WE OFFER
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit their CV and a cover letter addressing the knowledge, skills and abilities mentioned above at: email@example.com by 30th June 2022.
This position is initially for one year. This position could be renewed depending on performance and funding.More information about Red Umbrella Fund can be found on their website: https://www.redumbrellafund.org/