Mama Cash is looking for a Major Gifts Fundraiser 36 hours/week and based in Amsterdam.
As senior officer you sit on the Individual Donor Relations team and are responsible for raising money from individuals capable of donating major gifts (Eu 5000 – Eu 1 million +). You are the Team lead and you report to the Director of Partnerships and Communications; you are a member of the Partnerships & Communications team.
The focus of the position is to grow the major gift portfolio, increasing the number of donors, size of gifts and meeting annual income targets. You will contribute to the money objectives set out in the strategic guide.
To do this, you will develop a strategy for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors with a focus on major gifts and legacies. Solid stakeholder management and good relationship building skills are a requirement to succeed in this role. You will work closely with the Individual donor team to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensure alignment with the overall fundraising strategy. You liaise with colleagues across the organisation to support organisational objectives.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Manage, develop, and grow income from the existing portfolio major donors and prospects (focus on major donors in the Netherlands).
- Create a moves management system to track each step of the donor journey; identification, qualification, cultivation, briefing, ask, stewardship and recognition.
- Develop individual donor strategies to secure, renew and upgrade gifts.
- Collaborate with the legacy officer to grow the legacy programme.
- Maintain an efficient and organised donor stewardship system.
- Responsibility for budget creation and management (of the portfolio).
- Manage the (small) Individual donor team.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues and other teams from partnership & communications team.
- Supervise consultants and vendors.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong commitment to women’s, girls’, and trans and intersex people’s rights and the vision, mission and values of Mama Cash.
- Relationship management; Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people from a wide diversity of backgrounds and cultures demonstrating tact, self-confidence, out of the box thinking and diplomacy.
- Ability to work fluently in English, Dutch desirable.
- Excellent writing, research, and analytical skills.
- A strong ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- An ability to take initiative, contribute actively to quick decision making and to organise work efficiently and effectively.
- Self supporting.
- Results oriented.
- Professional experience with and responsibility for project management and budgets.
- Willingness to work on a regular base in The Netherlands, mainly from Amsterdam.
Education and experience:
- HBO+ degree, HEAO or related.
- 5 years major donor fundraising experience and demonstrated success (in a NGO).
- Experience with supervision or coaching of staff is an asset.
- Experience with budget responsibility.
What we offer
We offer an engaging and professional work environment in an international foundation committed to diversity, solidarity, peace and justice. The monthly salary for this position depends upon experience and is based on CAO Welzijn scale 11 (min.) € 3.365,- (max.) € 5.225,- 8% vacation, 13th month, and pension plan. Our office is centrally located in Amsterdam.
Are you interested in this position?
In order to apply, please submit an updated curriculum vitae and motivation letter in English (in word format please). Applications can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Sjifra van Maanen stating Major Gifts Fundraiser in the subject line.
For more information or questions, please address Dux at +3170-762.2622.
Please react and send your application not later than April, 12.
We value the expertise and knowledge of those who have directly experienced injustice and are working to create the change Mama Cash believes in. We particularly welcome applications from those targeted by racism, homophobia, transphobia, classism and disablism.