Mama Cash is looking for a Senior Officer for Communications (32-36 hours), based in Amsterdam.
Mama Cash was the first international women’s fund in the world. Today, we provide grants and support to pioneering women’s, girls’ and trans people’s rights initiatives around the globe that challenge the root causes of injustice. Activists and donors join with Mama Cash to advance gender equality and respect for the human rights of all people.
Find out more at www.mamacash.org
Purpose of the position:
The Senior Officer for Communications leads the development and implementation of Mama Cash’s communications strategy, bringing vision, coherence and creativity to our public engagement and ensures the development and coherence of Mama Cash’s identity and brand;
The Senior Officer for Communications is responsible for advancing and guiding Mama Cash’s communications objectives in support of our organisational goals including fundraising, marketing, campaigning, corporate communications and our programmatic strategies.
Reports to the Director of Partnerships and Communications (DPC).
Essential job function/deliverables:
- Develops and implements Mama Cash’s communications strategy covering the areas of marketing, corporate communications, branding, campaigning, fundraising, press and media;
- Identifies and assesses trends and developments in communications and creates new visibility and public engagement opportunities for Mama Cash;
- Contributes through strategy development and implementation to the building, cultivation and stewardship of Mama Cash’s constituencies, and to the growth of key donor audiences;
- Develops and monitors of annual communications plans and budgets;
- Writes and ensures the production of a variety of types of communications pieces, including press releases, opinion articles, and web and blog entries in support of Mama Cash’s communications, outreach and public positioning goals;
- Develops and implements Mama Cash’s media (traditional, on/offline, print/digital and social) strategy, and acts as the press contact person;
- Oversees the production of materials and tools that contribute to the visibility of Mama Cash and its grantees, as well as to donor recruitment.
- Contributes to developing on and offline event concepts, campaigns, messaging and other communications components that increase the visibility of Mama Cash and contribute to our goals;
B. Outreach and External Representation
- Represents the organisation from the perspective of communications and network building as necessary;
- Is an active member of professional groups, membership organisations and affinity groups relevant to Mama Cash’s communications work;
- Communicates Mama Cash’s strategy for both internal and external constituencies.
C. Management and Supervision
- Supervises members of the Communications team;
- Provides cross departmental advice and support to integrate communications objectives;
- Provides advice and support to the DPC related to staff, volunteers and procedural issues within the fundraising and communications functions;
- Acts as deputy director of the PPC team as needed.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong commitment to women’s rights and the values, goals and work of Mama Cash;
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills (verbal and written), with the ability to interact with people from a wide diversity of backgrounds and cultures;
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with internal and external partners;
- Proven ability to work independently and to lead projects;
- Minimum of 5 years working knowledge of philanthropy for social justice, international development, and women’s human rights desired;
- Strict attention to detail and strong editing skills;
- Experience with a supervisory and coaching role;
- Experience with and responsibility for budgets;
- Knowledge and command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software and IT systems.
Education and experience:
- University level education in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Five years of experience in a leadership role in communications, marketing, and/or project management, preferably within a comparable foundation or NGO-setting;
- Fluent in spoken and written Dutch and English, knowledge of other languages is a plus (preferably Spanish or French);
Are you interested in the position?
Both a letter of motivation and CV (resume) need to be submitted in English and stating the job description, to email@example.com
Deadline for application: January 29th, 2018
The job will be located in Amsterdam.
We value the expertise and knowledge of those who have directly experienced injustice and are working to create the change Mama Cash believes in.
We particularly welcome applications from those targeted by racism, homophobia, transphobia, classism and disablism.
For more information please contact Hadewych Lammers,
tel: +31 611391473
What does Mama Cash offer?
We offer an engaging and professional work environment in an international foundation committed to diversity, solidarity, peace and justice. Our office is centrally located in Amsterdam.
The monthly salary for this position depends upon experience and is based on CAO Welzijn scale 11, (min.) € 3.094 – (max.) € 4.806 ex 8% vacation, 13th month, and pension plan.