Mama Cash’s 2019 grantmaking window is open from 1 February to 31 March.
How to apply to Mama Cash if you are not a current grantee-partner:
We are receiving Letters of Interest from applicants who are not current grantee-partners from1 February until 31 March 2019, 11:59 pm CEST (you can check your local time here). Groups that apply during this grantmaking window will receive a response from Mama Cash by 20 May 2019.
Mama Cash is a fund with limited resources. More groups apply for funding than we can fund. This also means, unfortunately, we still have to decline many groups that meet our criteria. In 2018, we received 1787 funding requests of which we could approve 25 new grants (1.4% of all requests) in our portfolios of Body, Money and Voice. For 2019, we expect to approve grants to approximately 15 new groups, in addition to the planned renewal grants to current grantee-partners.
This year, we cannot make grants to new groups through the Body portfolio, but we will accept new groups in the Money and Voice portfolios. For more information on why we cannot accept new Body groups in 2019, see the Frequently Asked Questions.
Before you submit a Letter of Interest, we ask you to ensure that your group or initiative meets all our criteria:
- Do you work from a feminist and/or women’s rights perspective?
- Is your organisation led by the women, girls and/or trans and intersex people you serve?
- Do you have the promotion of women’s, girls’ and/or trans and intersex people’s human rights as your group’s primary mission, and not just as the focus of part of your programmes?
- Does your group’s work push for structural and fundamental change?
- Does the work you do focus on issues that are under-addressed and/or contested?