Mama Cash’s 2020 grantmaking window is open from 17 February to 13 April.
How to apply to Mama Cash if you are not a current grantee-partner:
Mama Cash is accepting Letters of Interest from applicants, who are not current grantee-partners, from 17 February - 13 April 2020, 11:59 pm CEST (please note the extended deadline). Groups that apply during this period will receive a response from Mama Cash by 29 May 2020.
During this application window for new grantee-partners, we will focus on increasing support to organisations and initiatives that are fighting environmental injustices and are implementing alternative, environmentally-just, solutions. We plan to make new grants to self-led feminist groups and initiatives who are working on environmental justice
Mama Cash is a fund with limited resources. Every year, more groups apply than we can fund. Last year, of the 1300 groups that applied for a grant, we were able to fund 15. We advise groups wishing to submit an LOI to consider our criteria and the frequently asked questions for more information.
Before you submit a Letter of Interest, we ask you to ensure that your group or initiative meets all our criteria:
- Do you work from a feminist and/or women’s rights perspective?
- Is your organisation led by the women, girls and/or trans and intersex people you serve?
- Do you have the promotion of women’s, girls’ and/or trans and intersex people’s human rights as your group’s primary mission, and not just as the focus of part of your programmes?
- Does your group’s work push for structural and fundamental change?
- Does the work you do focus on issues that are under-addressed and/or contested?
Do you have trouble filling in the form online?
- Please make sure your internet connection is on when you work on the form. You can save the form and return to it later.
- Please make sure you have filled in all the required fields, which are marked with asterisks.
If you have checked these conditions and still can’t fill out and submit the form online, you can access a Word document below. But before you do so, please consider that:
Our preference is to receive Letters of Interest online, because we are then able to process your request quicker. If you still decide to send us a Letter of Interest by email, or post, you need to assure we receive the Letter of Interest by 13 April 2020, 11:59 pm CEST. Letters of Interest received after this date and time will not be considered. You can check your local time here.
Do you still have trouble filling in the form online?